Described by John Evelyn as
“Just opposite to the inn gushed out a plentiful and most useful fountain which falls into a great trough of stone, bearing the Duke of Tuscany’s arms.”
Described by M. de Blainville as:
Near this Town, on the Road-side, is seen a Fountain adorned with the Arms of the Great Dude of Tuscany, supported by Minerva and Ceres, holding a Cornucopia, with this Inscription, importing, that Ferdinand III. Great Duke of Tuscany, erected the Fountain for the Conveniency of Travellers, Anno Dom 1603.
MAGNUS HETRURIAE DUX III
In Viatorum Commoditatem,
A.S.M DC III
- http://www.fontanelle.org/Fontanella-Strada-Statale-478-53040-Radicofani-SI-Italia-DFdQDwlIYocxYz.aspx (pictures and some details)