Summary

Sampierdarena was an ancient fishing village, named after the church of San Pietro d’Arena (“St Peter of the Sands”). During the Renaissance it became a residential area and suburb of Genoa, with great palaces being built such as the Palazzo Spinola and the Palazzo Scassi, both probably built by Galeazzo Alessi (1512–72).

Map

Referring entries

Further reading

Sources

  • Wikipedia.