Hôtel de Liancourt (Palace of Count of Liancourt)
The Hôtel de Liancourt was a grand house on the Rue de Seine built in 1623 for the Count of Liancourt. He bequeathed it to his nephew François de La Rochefoucauld and in later maps and articles of Paris the house is sometimes described as the Hôtel de la Rochefoucauld. The Hôtel remained in the same family until the Revolution and was demolished in 1825.
It was designed by the famous architect Lemercier and is an example of a Hôtel particulier or “grand house”.