The Bois de Vincennes, located on the eastern edge of Paris, is the largest public park in the city.
Described by Evelyn on 8 Febrary 1643 as
“The Bois de Vincennes has in it a square and noble castle, with magnificent apartments, fit for a royal court, not forgetting the chapel. It is the chief prison for persons of quality. About it there is a park walled in, full of deer; and in one part there is a grove of goodly pine trees.”