Summary

The Église Saint-Étienne-de-la-Cité, or the church of Saint-Étienne-de-la-Cité, was the first cathedral in Périgueux. In Romanesque style, it is the subject of

The cathedral suffered extensive damage in 1577 due a fire and damage due to Huguenots.

In 1669, the episcopal seat was transferred to the Saint-Front, which became the St Front Cathedral. The Saint-Étienne-de-la-Cité Cathedral then became a simple church.

Map

Referring entries

Further reading

Sources

  • Wikipedia for background.