Catherine de’ Medici, April 1519 – January 1589) was an Italian noblewoman who was Queen of France from 1547 until 1559, as the wife of King Henry II. As the mother of three sons who became kings of France during her lifetime she had extensive, if at times varying, influence in the political life of France. For a time she ruled France as its regent.
Father: Lorenzo II de’ Medici
Mother: Madeleine de La Tour d’Auvergne
Spouse: Henry II, King of France
- Henry III (King of France 1573 – 1575)
- Place des Vosges (Palais Royal )
- Henry II of France (King of France 1547 – 1559)
- Margaret of Valois (Queen of France)
- Friday 16 September 1644
- Sunday 8 May 1644
- Wikipedia for background, portrait.